CPS Energy is thrilled that the state’s Move Over/Slow Down law is now applicable to its workers and vehicles. A few key reminders to remember:
- HB 61 law takes effect on September 1, 2019 and we want drivers in our community to proactively start to move over or slow down when they encounter CPS Energy crews on the side of the road
- Our employees work exceptionally hard to provide you with safe, reliable and affordable power.
- Our team members often work together with Fire Fighters and Police Officers when they are responding to First Responder incidents.
- We always want to keep the public, our customers, and our employees safe. Last year even though proper safety cones and other measures were taken, one of our employees was struck by a motorist.
- We are sincerely appreciative of the legislators and other industry counterparts for their coordination and support on these efforts.
Drive safe and remember to look for CPS Energy workers and their vehicles. Thank you for your help in keeping our community safe!